Wednesday, October 12, 2016


Wilson Lee's life.

My given name is Wilson Lee and currently, I am studying Psychology at Asia University. In looking back at the last 19 years, it seems like such a long time, but I realize that 19 years is really just like a drop of water in sea of time. Therefore, I will write a little about me and my history so far.

I grew up in Keelung in the north of Taiwan. Keelung is famous for its rain. In other words, it’s almost always raining in Keelung. Many people dislike this kind of weather and think it is troublesome. However, for me the rain is like a special gift from nature. For me, heavy rain helps to build strong character to overcome setbacks in life. Even when the sun isn’t shining, I still go outside and do what I have to do, like a lifetime fighter always fighting by reflecting on myself and working to be better than before.
Besides my parents I have a sister who is a junior in NTNU, studying Geography.  One of the most important things my parents taught me (from Adler’s school of Philosophy) has to do with the idea of separation. I don’t think it is necessary to live life by or under the expectations of other people or try to satisfy others. Instead, I think we should be ourselves within consideration for each other. So far, this is the way I try to coexisting with others and face a variety of challenges to work with the physical reality instead of only my imagination.  

When I was in high school, by means of hard studying as much as I could, I even went from (the rank of school’s score position) 111/234 to 25/239. The most honorable thing was that I was one of graduated students who received the Mayor’s Award of New Taipei City in our school. What’s more, I have also been the co-monitor of my classes three times. With this experience, I could learn how to be a leader in groups, how to communicate with people and how to manage sudden problems. I could also learn how to arrange my study and works efficiently as well as to care about all the details on whatever I did. When the college entrance exam was approaching, my teacher prompted me to serve as the monitor in our class because she thought I might have the character and ability to lead classmates to study hard. Not only due to my these nice behaviors but also popularity in our school, I was selected and awarded as A 2014 Young Elite Representative of Secondary Schools in New Taipei City by New Taipei City, and The Model Student two years continuously awarded by New Taipei City, and A 2014 Talented Learner of Secondary Schools in New Taipei City.

Other actives during the high school include enrolling in the Club of Hsi-Zhi Community Service. We went to the park and station to invite people to donate their blood, held used jumble sales, played the dramas of anti-drugs and anti-AIDS in front of my senior high schools, cared the Church, cleaned the mountain and so on.

Sometimes I try to speak to myself and ask myself what I desire for in my life? Why should I choose the pessimism? When I have the positive attitude or power, others can be those people who share their mind and feel happy due some senses of achievement and existence. So, I wish to be a qualified Clinical Psychologist in the future.

Overall, I consider myself to self-confident and self-motivated. In terms of leadership, I think it is important to set a good example by honestly saying what I know and what I don’t.  Being positive, humorous and creative also helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment